The purchase and use of motorcycles is on the move in the United States. Owning and riding a motorcycle can be a very intense and yet relaxing pastime, but like all good things, it comes at a price. Recent statistics show that an accident on a motorcycle inflicting serious bodily injury happens about once every 15 seconds and 20% – 25% of bikes stolen are never recovered. This gives more than enough reason to look into purchasing insurance for your motorcycle. Motorcycle Insurance is one of the few products that is meant for YOU. Typically, as one could only imagine, the damage you do to yourself is always greater than the damage that can be done to someone else and/or their property. Additionally, most people don’t know that most Health Insurers are now limiting coverages for medical injury sustained on a bike or by way of a bike. Automobile Insurance already excludes any sort of coverage for this, so you must be aware of your coverage gaps.
- The costs of injuries to others hurt while riding your bike or those injured from being hit. Property damage is also covered under this insurance.
- Damages from fire, hail, tornado, hitting an animal, and theft.
- Motorcycle helmet, leather, and other personal apparel can also be purchased.
- Trips by an ambulance and post accidental therapy may be included.
- Towing and roadside assistance can be added.
Very similar to purchasing car insurance, companies consider many factors in calculating rates such as driving record, age, and type of motorcycle purchased. Motorcycle insurance is imperative to any motorcycle owner regardless of your state laws. You can never tell what is going to happen and hospital rates alone should prompt anyone into investing into insurance.