WHY YOU NEED FLOOD INSURANCE
As a homeowner, condo owner or renter, you need Flood Insurance that protects your home and personal possessions. Whether your situation involves low, moderate or high risk for flooding, the Del Duke Insurance Group, through Travelers Insurance, can provide this coverage through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) at the level that’s right for you.*
In a low-to-moderate risk area: you may be eligible for a preferred risk policy through Travelers WYO Flood Program because your home is in a low flood hazard zone designated by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and has limited flood loss history. This is simple, straightforward, and very affordable coverage.
In a high-risk area: even if you live in a high flood hazard zone designated by FEMA, you can still get what you need from a Standard Flood Policy insurance policy through Travelers WYO Flood Program. Your rate is based upon the flood zone, the age and type of home, and the amount of coverage you choose.
Whether you own a single family home, a two, three, or four-family house, a condo, vacation or rental property, flood insurance offers you:
- Building coverage that pay for damage to your dwelling and items such as the furnace and water heater
- Contents coverage for your furniture, rugs, appliances, and clothing (subject to limitations in basement areas)
- Property protection that pays for sandbagging and other expenses for preventing flood damage
- Clean-up reimbursement to cover costs of cleaning your home and removing debris after a flood
* There are limitations to coverage offered by the Federal Program.
RESPONSIVE CLAIMS SERVICE BY PROFESSIONALS
If your home, condo, or personal property is damaged by flood, Travelers has the people, resources, and services to handle matters for you quickly and professionally. When you call their toll-free Claim Hotline, your claim will be handled promptly, fairly, and without hassles so you won’t lose time away from work or home.
The cost of flood insurance is minimal when you consider the enormous expense of repairing or replacing your home and possessions after a devastating flood. To make it more affordable, Travelers offers all of the NFIP increased deductible options which provide premium discounts.
Think you’re not at risk? Consider this:
- Approximately 25% of flood insurance claims come from low flood risk areas
- 6 out of 10 federally declared disasters involve flooding
- Flooding occurs in every state and can happen at any time of year
- Federal disaster relief is available only if a federal disaster is declared, which occurs in less than half of all floods.
- Flood insurance pays your covered losses, even if a disaster is not federally declared.
- Federal disaster relief is usually a partial recovery in the form of a loan, with monthly payments more expensive than the average annual flood insurance premium.
- If you do not purchase and maintain a flood policy after you have received federal disaster assistance, you will not be eligible for future disaster relief.
YOUR AGENT IS WORKING FOR YOU
By choosing Del Duke Insurance Group, you have someone working for you. Your independent agent believes that your satisfaction with Travelers products and services is of the utmost importance. So, whatever your insurance needs, please don’t hesitate to contact us. You’ll receive a free, no-obligation quote and helpful information. Talk to us today about flood insurance.